Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Here's Your Closeup

This time tomorrow I will be on the Smith River, embarking on a four day float trip.  It's my first time on the Smith and am looking forward to the spectacular scenery and (hopefully) great fishing that will ensue.

Next week be sure to tune in for a full report.


Until then, here's a closeup from one of my recent hiking excursions to one of our numerous mountain lakes.  The fishing wasn't to hot, but that's not even really the point of going sometimes.  The solitude, views, and plant and wildlife always make these trips more than worthwhile.

Below is a closeup of a Pacific Trillium, Trillium ovatum.  These wildflowers are found throughout the mountain west, you can find them on moist wooded slopes and stream banks.  Flowering occurs early in the spring from Feb-June depending on elevation and climate.

As long as my raft doesn't sink, I will see you next week.

        

Tight Lines

-Bob

No comments:

Post a Comment