Tuesday, May 21, 2013

The Last Time I Went Fishing


Photo Essay.
 
Went to my spring cutthroat Shangri-La on the Northfork of the Not Telling You Anything River, a couple weeks ago with my friend Alec of the blog Where the Water Leads.  Alec happened to remember the camera, I did not.  Thanks go out to him for the pictures.  To make a long story short, we did well. 
 
Here in Western Montana runoff is in full swing. However it looks like we are now on the backside of high water which means Salmonflies, Goldenstones, and the sweet dry fly days of summer are almost here. 
 
The creeks are open, I'm unearthing my Tenkara rod as soon as I find it.  Now where did I put it?  It will be game on very shortly...  Until then.  Enjoy the pics. 


Parr Marks
Colored Up


One of Many

Native

Got Cutt?

I Can Never Get Enough

4 comments:

  1. Nice pics fellas! Beautiful fish! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jordan. I've been enjoying those massive steelhead pictures you have been posting.

    ReplyDelete