Monday, June 2, 2014

New Boat Smell

A month or so I sent my old Riken Dodger raft affectionately known as the "Gray Whale" down the road.  The "whale" was a good old boat for me and logged literally hundreds of days on the water over the last few years.  A lot of good memories were made, and a lot of great fish were caught out of that old raft.  For being twenty years old it only ever had one tiny leak, that's right, one. 

All things come to an end however and it was the right time to sell her.  I'm happy to say that the whale has found a good home and I hope the new owners get as much enjoyment out of that old boat as I did.

On the flip side I recently got a brand new ride, a 13' NRS Otter.  Needless to say I am excited to get it out on the water.  In the meantime I'm enjoying the new boat smell in my garage, kind of a chemical smell however.  I think it's probably killing some of my brain cells...  Oh well.  I don't need many anyways.    

Goodbye Gray Whale

The Finished Product


No comments:

Post a Comment